A tattoo is a permanent work of art and also a type of wound. So if you don’t take care of your new body art, then it will get infected. This is the biggest reason you should consider taking good care of your new body art. It will also help you to preserve your new tattoo. Continue reading to know some of the best tattoo aftercare tips and products that will help you to take good care of your new body art.
In this section, we will discuss some of the most important tattoo aftercare tips. So let’s begin.
- After completing the process, the tattooist will apply tattoo jelly on it and cover the body art with a bandage. You need to keep the bandage for the next few hours. After that, you can remove it.
- After removing the bandage, you have to wash it. Individuals are always recommended to use warm water and hypoallergenic soap for the wash. After washing the area, you have to keep the area clean.
- You also need to protect your body art from sunlight. The UV rays of the sun can damage the quality of the colour of your tattoo.
If you search around, you will find plenty of tattoo shops in Bangkok, Thailandand even in your nearby locations. According to your preference, you can pick any of them for the tattooing process. After that, you have to focus on aftercare. During this period you also need to add some products in your aftercare routine. In this section, we will discuss them.
- Tattoo balm is the most important thing that you need to add in your tattoo aftercare routine. When buying a balm, you have to ensure that the product is composed of sesame oils, hemp seed oils, beeswax, vitamin E etc. If you add balm in your routine, then your body art will heal much faster.
- If the balm does not contain vitamin E, then you should add this separately. If you search carefully, then you will find plenty of companies that offer Vitamin E oil. You can pick any of them and buy vitamin E oil.
- We also recommend individuals to add healing ointment in the routine. Just like the name suggests, this product will boost the healing rate of your body art.
- We also recommend individuals to add moisturising lotion in their aftercare routine. By adding this product in your routine, you will be able to keep your tattoo hydrated and nourished. As a result, you will heal much faster.
- You can also add grapeseed oil in your routine. This is plant-based oil, which will help you to moisturise your skin.
- Petroleum jelly is another important thing that you need to add in your routine. This product will help you to protect the tattooed area from being cracked and irritation. So if your body art is fresh, you should consider adding this product in your aftercare routine.
This is all for now. If you still have any question regarding tattoo aftercare then feel free to leave us a mail.