What is liposuction?
Liposuction, or we can say a lipo, is a kind of fat removal procedure that is being used in the medical field for plastic surgery. Liposuction is a very common cosmetic surgery in the United States. As we know, surgeries are not at all conducted without having risks, so is the case in liposuction surgery. It carries the risk of heavy bleeding and many reactions in the body due to the effect of anaesthesia. Before going for this surgery make sure you have firm and elastic skin and you are involved in smoking.
Things you should know before the surgery:
- The first step is to properly consult with your surgeons such as the goals, options, risks, benefits and the cost of the surgery.
- If you are ready for the liposuction surgery, then you must follow the instructions given by the surgeon that is related to diet and alcohol restrictions.
- If you have any allergy or certain medications then immediately inform your surgeon so that it will be easy for them to handle some complications while the surgery.
- Before going for the surgery, make sure that the hospital is abided by certain professional standards, safety measures, and good service results.
Liposuction cost in Punjab has a range between $620 to $2500 across the different cities in India. The cost factor depends upon the two major factors such as the area of treatment and the amount of fat to be removed from the skin.
Types of Liposuction:
- Tumescent liposuction- this is the most common technique. The surgeon will insect a sterile solution in the area and remove the fat from it. The solution is injected as it contains lidocaine and epinephrine which helps to avoid pain and lesser the amount of blood loss.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction– this technique uses the sound wave energy that is being put in the skin to rupture the cell walls of the fat and after the fat turns into liquid and becomes easy to come out without much pain and blood loss.
- Laser-assisted liposuction- this technique uses a laser procedure and converts the fat into liquid.
Risks of liposuction:
- An excessive amount of bleeding.
- A number of complications due to anaesthesia.
- Accumulation of fluid in the skin as fluid pockets are generated in the skin.
- Many infections like strep and staph.
- Fat embolism in the body as many small pieces of fat breaks down and blocks the blood flow.
- If surgery is done properly, then the fat is removed in an uneven manner which brings many complications in the body.
Liposuction surgery in the past few years has become much safer and successful as there are a number of tremendous improvements that have been made in the procedure of these surgeries. In extreme cases, there are side effects too but that depends on person to person. But if you go for a professional and experienced health sector for this surgery then you are not going to face any complications and your surgery will result in a successful one and you can easily get to know the Liposuction cost in punjab.