Online shopping is becoming more and more popular every day. But shopping from physical stores is still the first preference for many shoppers.
This article, therefore, distinguishes between both of them and tries to find the pros and cons of both shopping platforms.
Online stores (like Wish, Cute, Mama etc.) have recently got a huge amount of popularity and fame. There are both positive and negative aspects of shopping online.
- The best thing about online shopping is the fact that you don’t need to go anywhere, with only an internet connection, you can browse anything and everything you want to buy. Be it at your home or office or anywhere. There are lakhs of products from numerous brands to choose from. Additionally, there are various filters like size, color, price etc. You can shuffle the products according to your convenience and buy the ones you prefer.
- Another cool feature of online shopping is you would get the product you bought right at your doorsteps, without going anywhere or standing in long lines to make payment.
- There are a lot of international brands which are generally not available in the retail stores. But when it comes to online shopping sites, internationally renowned brands are available there.
- If you compare the price of a product in online sites and physical stores, you would notice that online sites always provide discounts. A minimum of 40% discount is very common in every online site, which is rare in physical stores. Also, there are various vouchers and coupons available on online shopping portals. If you use them cleverly, you can save a lot of money.
- The first and foremost disadvantage of online stores is you can’t touch, feel or try the product you are intending to buy. On somesites, even return and exchange policies are not very easy. Therefore, some users don’t trust these sites.
- Another notable disadvantage is the payment factor. If the site is not reliable enough, you might not get back your money, in case you are not happy with the item you have bought.
Quite naturally the cons of online stores are the pros of physical stores and vice versa.
- The major advantage of physical stores over online stores is you can touch the product, try it in person. This is a huge factor for buyers in every age group. In fact, people from older generations always prefer buying things which they can feel physically.
- In case you want to return or exchange an item, you can easily do so within a specified duration, when it comes to shopping in retail stores, unlike in online shopping where lies a hugeuncertainty regarding return and exchange.
- Distance is the primary disadvantage of shopping from physical stores. We all love shopping things which we can try out before buying. But most of our desired retail outlets are far from our homes. Therefore, many of us go for online shopping.
- Sale sessions are very rare in physical stores, whereas online shopping pours over discounts every now and then.
These were pretty much the pros and cons of both shopping online and offline. Now it is your turn to pick.